Wednesday, August 10, 2011

TAJ MAHAL

WOW!! WOW!!! WOW!!!! No words can explain how breathtakingly beautiful Taj mahal is! Our hotel was only about a 5 min drive away. One of the reasons Taj Mahal is so beautiful, is no matter what angle you look at it or stand, it is perfectly symmetrical. It is built out of marble that is translucent, so it also changes colors with whatever the weather is outside. In the morning when the sun rises it is orange. In the sun it shimmers. In the clouds (the way I saw it), it looks pure white. It also has many different stones that light up when light hits them. When you go inside, it becomes very colorful with all the different stones. We had the best tour guide that explained so much history to us. By the time we were done looking inside Taj Mahal, it was a downpour! We all were able to play in the rain AT Taj Mahal...how many people can say that!?! And, it also cleared out a lot of the people. We were drenched by the end of our rain dances, but we sure made a lot of fun memories.
After Taj Mahal, we went to an Emperors palace. This was a gorgeous palace that had colorful artwork on the ceilings and walls. It looked a lot like Egyptian work. They showed us the moat that used to have alligators around it, and the inside moat that had Lions to protect the king. The architecture was beautiful.
Then we did what I do best. WENT SHOPPING for the rest of the day. We did a lot of bartering and I got myself a whole new Indian wardrobe. I actually like their clothing and think I will wear them to school. Maybe I will be the only one in the States thinking I look 'cool' but India is now a part of me.
We ended our day at, I am ashamed to say it, PIZZA HUT!! Yes, I am in India. I shouldn't want to eat at an American food chain, but it tasted SOOO good. And it is very different than American Pizza Huts. They have many different items on their menu and it is a nice sit down restaurant. My favorite part is they have a huge bell as you walk out and if you had 'fun' while you were there you are supposed to ring the bell. Not a good idea for 15 tired and worn out Americans. We all thought that was so funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment